-
September 28th, 2000, 11:19 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Hi, I've just built a website for a band "The Other Garden" (website: http://www.theothergarden.co.uk ), and it looks good.
The band handed me a CD of their video. it is about 2 minutes long, an .AVI file, and takes up about 19 meg.
Now, NOBODY is going to download 19meg of video and then it be 2 minutes.
What I want to know is:
1. What format should it be in for putting it on the website?
2. What software can I use that would let me configure the video for web access?
3. What's streaming-video, and how does it work?
4. How much (or where can I download) the software I need to do this?
Your help is always appreciated!
------------------
KEEP FOCUSED!
Little Rich.
http://go.to/littlerich
www.rmsgraffix.freeserve.co.uk
[email protected]
-
September 28th, 2000, 01:51 PM
#2
eddie
Guest
You need a codec (encoder/decoder)
DivX;-) is good, so is Sorenson video.
Look em up at http://www.google.co.uk/
they can be downloaded for free.
-
September 28th, 2000, 07:12 PM
#3
Inactive Member
you can always down load real producer from the real website, www.real.com and make real player files,
-
October 1st, 2000, 04:28 PM
#4
Inactive Member
streaming - video works the same way as flash, it downloads while it plays, so u dont have to download the whole thing, but streaming video doesnt work well on slow modem, and not all of your site visitors will have quick modems. But streaming is the only really sensible option
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks